Day 1, Wednesday, 24 October
Registration and breakfast
Opening, Inauguration and Welcome to VIPs
Vice President of HIMA Asia Pacific
HIMA Opening Address: A New Era in Process Safety
|Steffen Philipp |
HIMA Owner & Managing Partner
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Are Professional Engineers Ready for The New Industry Norm?
All industries, including Oil & Gas, are seeking to implement digital transformation as part of Industry 4.0. This ‘new norm’ has been gaining traction over a number of years and from all directions. Digitization and modern technology, such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, big data and IIOT, make their way on to our computer screens every day. The business landscape is promised to be leaner, more efficient, and faster, with lower costs and greater benefits compared to the past. The promised benefits that will assist engineers in some of their functions and augment their competency are compelling. Engineers are still necessary because they hold more intelligence and other vital skills necessary for the business. But with the rapid increases in technology, will our engineers get left behind?
Vice President at PTT Energy Solutions
Southeast Asia Oil & Gas Capital Project Mid-Term Outlook
Industrial Info Resources (IIR) is currently tracking almost 158,000 active capital and maintenance projects valued at well over $13.8 trillion across 12 industrial energy and heavy infrastructure industries globally. Shaheen Chohan will present a mid-term project spending outlook with a specific focus on the Southeast Region. The presentation will look at some of the market trends and drivers shaping the size, timing and composition of planned capital project activity across the main upstream and midstream Oil & gas markets.
Industrial Info Resources IIR
Functional Safety in Today’s Connected World
Functional safety has a well-established field of application today. Technological advances, mainly from other areas, have initiated major changes in many industries. It is therefore necessary to understand if and how realization of functional safety has to evolve in the future. This presentation will explore trends in safety and security that are being imposed by both customer needs and technological advances, as well as discussing HIMA's future plans and how we will react to those upcoming challenges.
Dr. Alexander Horch
APAC Process Safety Systems Market & Digital Disruption
Safety Becomes Smart
VIP's of global Oil & Gas companies such as PTT, PETRONAS etc.
Process Safety Systems: Market Trends and Strategies for Success APAC
Updating and Migration of programmable safety systems to remain compliant with IEC61511
Summary of Solution Breakout Sessions
New process optimization potential is opened up by integrating mathematical and statistical models for dynamic process control or by more frequent sampling of process values within the safety system. Critical processes with continuously changing process variable values can thus be run closer to the limit ranges. For example: If the dynamic process value temperature in an ethylene cracker can be kept 1 to 2 degrees closer to the critical limit, plant productivity increases considerably, while full process safety and availability are maintained.
Compressors & Turbomachinery Control and Protection
- Covers all turbomachinery functions in a single system to reduce complexity and system cost (operation and safety)
- Overspeed controller with reaction time of <20ms functions independently of the safety controller CPUs
- Double/triple redundancy options meeting API RP 67 / VGB-R 103-M
- SIL 3 in accordance with IEC 61508, IEC 61511, and IEC/EN 62061
- Ensure highest efficiency, profitability, and reliability of operations by safely running turbomachinery at its limits
- Combined controls and protection systems (supports multiple burners)
- Supports fuel-air ratio monitoring, start/stop sequences, boiler process protection, and local operation monitoring (HMI)
- Integration into any control system (DCS, SCADA, etc.)
- TÜV-tested BCS/BMS function blocks
- Single burner pre-configured controllers
- SIL 3 in accordance with IEC 61511 / EN 5156 / EN 746
- First hybrid safety pipeline emergency shutdown and leak detection system up to SIL 3
- Complies with IEC 61511, TRFL, API 1130
- HIMA's leak detection software FLOWorX:
- Detects leaks
- Detects leak location
- Reduces false alarms
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Various detection methods such as volume balance, pressure drop, negative pressure wave, real-time transient modeling (RTTM), etc
- Turnkey HIPPS solution by HIMA, reduced engineering cost with global standardization, best-in-class products
- Certified to functional safety management standards
- SIL 3 in compliance with IEC 61508, IEC 61511, 97/23/EC, API RP 14C, API RP 551, API RP 521
- HIMA Planar4
- SIL 4 logic solver
- Completely cybersecure with non-programmable, solid state logic solver
- Built-in diagnostics, sequence of events (SOE), partial stroke test, and input deviations monitoring with SIL 3 drift detection
During P&ID development and HAZOPs, safety systems are specified by the study team and then passed to the instrumentation design group, which carries out detailed designs and produces specifications. EPC contractors have an incentive to purchase as much equipment as they can because they make margins on the value. We have seen many instances where protective equipment is over-specified, too complicated for purpose, and has a negative impact on maintenance and scheduled testing. Correct specification needs functional expertise and understanding of the whole safety system lifecycle.
All equipment, such as field sensors, logic solvers, and actuators, has a finite life. Over time, field equipment deteriorates due to the environment, contact with chemicals, and maintenance regimes. Failures put the plant at risk for these vital protective systems. A comprehensive study should be carried out after a number of years in operation to ensure the original design intent is met and that integrity is maintained throughout the future life of the plant. This includes SIS / SIF compliance with the latest version of IEC 61511, security against cyberattacks, and overall functional safety management. We will discuss the study process, outputs, and benefits for your business.
Oil & Gas Solution Breakouts
|1||Yield Improvement||Turbo, Furnace & Boilers||Asset Life Studies||CapEx Reduction||Pipelines & HIPPS|
|2||Turbo, Furnace & Boilers||Asset Life Studies||CapEx Reduction||Pipelines & HIPPS||Yield Improvement|
|3||Asset Life Studies||CapEx Reduction||Pipelines & HIPPS||Yield Improvement||Turbo, Furnace & Boilers|
|4||CapEx Reduction||Pipelines & HIPPS||Yield Improvement||Turbo, Furnace & Boilers||Asset Life Studies|
|5||Pipelines & HIPPS||Yield Improvement||Turbo, Furnace & Boilers||Asset Life Studies||CapEx Reduction|
|Demo||SILworX||Hardware & Software Demo||SILworX||Hardware & Software Demo||SILworX|
Day 2, Thursday, 25 October
Registration and breakfast
In this live demonstration, you will see firsthand how industrial control systems and IoT systems can be manipulated through a cyberattack. This highlights the reality of cyberthreats in the connected age and underlines the importance of robust cybersecurity.
Thomas Quek Principal Security Advisor, REDCON Security Advisors
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: How Assets manage Cybersecurity and its Effectiveness
Sharul A Rashid
Implication of IEC61511 Edition 2 on Functional Safety Management
Holistic Approach for a Secure Last Line of Defense
Robotic Inspection for Asset Integrity in SCG
Oil & Gas solution breakouts and demonstrations